Love to Write? Are you a student or a recent grad?
We would be thrilled to have your voice be a part of Campus Riot! We are always looking for new writers to join our growing college hub that want to contribute frequently or as a guest writer.
What are the Benefits?
- You are given an opportunity to gain exposure for your work in a new, growing audience in the college experience realm.
- A byline/author bio giving you full credit for your post and a backlink to your own site.
- Every article that is submitted will be promoted via social media on my end and I am sure you will do the same with your networks giving even more coverage to your work.
What are we looking for?
If you are a current college student or a recent graduate we would love to hear from you! Everyone experiences college in a different way and at Campus Riot we would like to provide you a platform to share yours. Who knows, your story might have a positive impact in another student’s life. How is that for a resume item, eh?
If you are game, write a “bite size” article pertaining to your college life experience that falls within any of the following categories:
- Budget & Finance
- Career Prep
- Campus Life
- Dorm Life
- Parties & Social Life
- Technology for Students
Make sure your posts are relevant and please be familiar with the type of articles we accept.
Want to write for Campus Riot?
Writing and Submission Guidelines
When developing your work, think of your piece as “spark notes” for college life. Articles should be quick, simple and to the point.
- Around 500 words is great, shorter is even better.
- If your piece is longer please use short paragraphs, bullets and/or numbers to make things clear. Lists always get better digested than long-winded paragraphs. (ie Articles like 6 Ways to Simplify your Dinner are great!)
- Structure is key. Bulleted lists, quick tips, focused writing and awesome content that has an impact is perfect.
- Please PROOFREAD. Minor changes may be made to your piece for quality or clarity purposes. The integrity of your article will remain intact. Changing missed spelling errors or grammar issues is not meant to offend you, but improve the post.
- Attach images you want to include with your post with the appropriate attribution and credits included.
- Submit your post in word document format.
As a writer for Campus Riot you must:
- Share your blog post and website with others through social media, email and word-of-mouth.
- Engage in the comment section of your post and other articles on the site.
- Be a fan of Campus Riot on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Please send over your ideas and a link to your blog or attach samples of your work to get started as a writer for Campus Riot. You can contact us here to get started.